Alternative MedicineLos Angeles, CA
Whether you were recently prescribed medication for a new condition or dislike the side-effects of your current medications, you may be seeking an alternative option. Although pharmaceuticals are the standard of care, more evidence-based research is showing the benefits of alternative medicine. Alternative medicine includes natural products, mind and body practices, and other integrative approaches to treat diseases and conditions.
Alternative medicine is offered at Mosaic Family Care Medical Group in Los Angeles and the surrounding area. By taking a holistic approach to maintaining one’s overall physical and emotional health, we help our patients treat disease and conditions naturally and organically with verified and certified vitamins, supplements, and essential oils. Under the direction of Dr. Juan A. Silva M.D. and Dr. Lisa Ma M.D., our team can help to customize the treatment to the needs of each patient.
If you need alternative medicine or treatments, then give us a call at (323) 639-4239 today to schedule an appointment.
Benefits of Alternative Medicine
Quality patient care should not only aim to treat the condition or disease, but their root causes. Pharmaceuticals target the disease and condition, while alternative medicine is holistic in its approach of healing the whole person. The branches of alternative medicine:
- May treat diseases and conditions traditionally managed by pharmaceutical medications such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anxiety, and vitamin deficiencies
- Offer a more holistic approach to your physical and emotional health
- May reduce your number of potential pharmaceutical medications
- Provide potent natural and beneficial compounds through sustainable organic methods
Alternative medicine is growing as an evidence-based approach to treating diseases and conditions. Unfortunately, many companies use synthetics, contaminates, and “filler oils,” diluting the beneficial compounds of an oil, which commonly occurs with many CBD products. When we explored which natural products would most benefit our patients, they had to meet 4 criteria (PASS): Potency, Affordability, Sustainability, and Scientific credibility. Our team concluded two verified and certified companies for our patients: New Chapter® and Doterra®. Please call Mosaic Family Care Medical Group at (323) 639-4239 to schedule an appointment, to gain additional information about our products, or to place an order.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Doterra products.
- Committed to providing only the purest, highest quality essential oils and products
- Rigorously tested to attain CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade®.
- doTERRA works directly with farmers and distillers in over 40 countries to develop long-term, mutually beneficial supplier partnerships while creating sustainable jobs and providing reliable income in underdeveloped areas
- Healing Hands Foundation® helps support development projects in sourcing communities, including schools, health clinics, improved infrastructure and clean water systems.
CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Deliver the Wisdom of Nature through our unique whole-food approach to vitamins and supplements.
- Goes to great lengths to bring you Earth’s perfect ingredients for holistic health
- Intentions are always to nourish body and soul with the healing
of pure whole foods and herbs
- PROTECT cell health by boosting antioxidant production
- BALANCE healthy inflammation response to protect cells from damage
- RECOVER ATP energy to support healthy cell activity
A primary care doctor is someone who has received the necessary training that allows them to be the first point of contact when someone needs to see a healthcare professional. They are a health care professional who will make it a point to get to know you are a person, which helps them to assist…
Walk-in clinics across the nation are flooded with cases of the flu every year. A highly contagious virus that causes aches, pains and a high fever, influenza affects anywhere from 5 to 20 percent of the U.S. population. That is about 31 million outpatient visits to walk-in clinics each year.Now, imagine if just a small…
Diseases appear left and right within the body, sometimes it’s due to genetics and other times it’s due to poor overall health. Thankfully, most people have primary care doctors that they visit on a regular basis who can help them with prevention care.However, some people aren’t able to regularly see their primary care doctor as…
A primary care doctor in a near family medical clinic should be the first place you turn for health care and treatment of sicknesses and disease. If your doctor recently diagnosed you with diabetes, you have a challenging but manageable road ahead. This is not a path you have to walk alone. Your PCP has…
IV vitamin therapy is an exciting new treatment option for those suffering from vitamin deficiencies. More effective, faster and with the ability to more quickly correct imbalances than oral supplements, IV Vitamin Therapy is an innovative and effective procedure that offers immediate results.Intravenous (or IV) Vitamin Therapy delivers vitamins and minerals directly to the patient’s…