Alternative MedicineLos Angeles, CA
Whether you were recently prescribed medication for a new condition or dislike the side-effects of your current medications, you may be seeking an alternative option. Although pharmaceuticals are the standard of care, more evidence-based research is showing the benefits of alternative medicine. Alternative medicine includes natural products, mind and body practices, and other integrative approaches to treat diseases and conditions.
Alternative medicine is offered at Mosaic Family Care Medical Group in Los Angeles and the surrounding area. By taking a holistic approach to maintaining one’s overall physical and emotional health, we help our patients treat disease and conditions naturally and organically with verified and certified vitamins, supplements, and essential oils. Under the direction of Dr. Juan A. Silva M.D. and Dr. Lisa Ma M.D., our team can help to customize the treatment to the needs of each patient.
If you need alternative medicine or treatments, then give us a call at (323) 639-4239 today to schedule an appointment.
Benefits of Alternative Medicine
Quality patient care should not only aim to treat the condition or disease, but their root causes. Pharmaceuticals target the disease and condition, while alternative medicine is holistic in its approach of healing the whole person. The branches of alternative medicine:
- May treat diseases and conditions traditionally managed by pharmaceutical medications such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anxiety, and vitamin deficiencies
- Offer a more holistic approach to your physical and emotional health
- May reduce your number of potential pharmaceutical medications
- Provide potent natural and beneficial compounds through sustainable organic methods
Alternative medicine is growing as an evidence-based approach to treating diseases and conditions. Unfortunately, many companies use synthetics, contaminates, and “filler oils,” diluting the beneficial compounds of an oil, which commonly occurs with many CBD products. When we explored which natural products would most benefit our patients, they had to meet 4 criteria (PASS): Potency, Affordability, Sustainability, and Scientific credibility. Our team concluded two verified and certified companies for our patients: New Chapter® and Doterra®. Please call Mosaic Family Care Medical Group at (323) 639-4239 to schedule an appointment, to gain additional information about our products, or to place an order.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Doterra products.
- Committed to providing only the purest, highest quality essential oils and products
- Rigorously tested to attain CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade®.
- doTERRA works directly with farmers and distillers in over 40 countries to develop long-term, mutually beneficial supplier partnerships while creating sustainable jobs and providing reliable income in underdeveloped areas
- Healing Hands Foundation® helps support development projects in sourcing communities, including schools, health clinics, improved infrastructure and clean water systems.
CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Deliver the Wisdom of Nature through our unique whole-food approach to vitamins and supplements.
- Goes to great lengths to bring you Earth’s perfect ingredients for holistic health
- Intentions are always to nourish body and soul with the healing
of pure whole foods and herbs
- PROTECT cell health by boosting antioxidant production
- BALANCE healthy inflammation response to protect cells from damage
- RECOVER ATP energy to support healthy cell activity
When it comes to pain, weakness and disabilities, there are many medical treatment choices available.Your doctor may suggest a few options that fit your case. Customized medical treatments rather than a one-size-fits-all approach are essential in providing the best care.New medical treatments are constantly being discovered, and you may not know of some of the…
Giving geriatric treatment is within the confines of internal medicine. It deals with the internal health of the elderly. Targeting the specific ailments of the older generation needs more focus. It means looking at all the parts of the illness. If you want to understand internal medicine and geriatric treatments for the elderly, here are…
Chronic disease management involves treatment and support for people living with a chronic health condition. It provides them with the medical care, information, skills, and resources they need to manage their disease effectively every day. Chronic diseases are classified as long-term ailments that typically advance slowly. Heart disease, diabetes, chronic renal disease, asthma and chronic…
Primary medical care is provided for the entire family unit so that everyone can go to one doctor's office and receive quality care from the same provider. The three focuses of a primary care physician are usually pediatrics, general internal medicine and family medicine.There are specific conditions, illnesses and other ailments that these primary medical doctors can…
The importance of a regular physical exam goes beyond being ready to try out for football or staying on your doctor’s log as an active patient. Visiting your doctor for a physical examination will keep you in better overall health and give you more insight into the way you feel on a day-to-day basis.Many people…