Alternative MedicineLos Angeles, CA
Whether you were recently prescribed medication for a new condition or dislike the side-effects of your current medications, you may be seeking an alternative option. Although pharmaceuticals are the standard of care, more evidence-based research is showing the benefits of alternative medicine. Alternative medicine includes natural products, mind and body practices, and other integrative approaches to treat diseases and conditions.
Alternative medicine is offered at Mosaic Family Care Medical Group in Los Angeles and the surrounding area. By taking a holistic approach to maintaining one’s overall physical and emotional health, we help our patients treat disease and conditions naturally and organically with verified and certified vitamins, supplements, and essential oils. Under the direction of Dr. Juan A. Silva M.D. and Dr. Lisa Ma M.D., our team can help to customize the treatment to the needs of each patient.
If you need alternative medicine or treatments, then give us a call at (323) 639-4239 today to schedule an appointment.
Benefits of Alternative Medicine
Quality patient care should not only aim to treat the condition or disease, but their root causes. Pharmaceuticals target the disease and condition, while alternative medicine is holistic in its approach of healing the whole person. The branches of alternative medicine:
- May treat diseases and conditions traditionally managed by pharmaceutical medications such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anxiety, and vitamin deficiencies
- Offer a more holistic approach to your physical and emotional health
- May reduce your number of potential pharmaceutical medications
- Provide potent natural and beneficial compounds through sustainable organic methods
Alternative medicine is growing as an evidence-based approach to treating diseases and conditions. Unfortunately, many companies use synthetics, contaminates, and “filler oils,” diluting the beneficial compounds of an oil, which commonly occurs with many CBD products. When we explored which natural products would most benefit our patients, they had to meet 4 criteria (PASS): Potency, Affordability, Sustainability, and Scientific credibility. Our team concluded two verified and certified companies for our patients: New Chapter® and Doterra®. Please call Mosaic Family Care Medical Group at (323) 639-4239 to schedule an appointment, to gain additional information about our products, or to place an order.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Doterra products.
- Committed to providing only the purest, highest quality essential oils and products
- Rigorously tested to attain CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade®.
- doTERRA works directly with farmers and distillers in over 40 countries to develop long-term, mutually beneficial supplier partnerships while creating sustainable jobs and providing reliable income in underdeveloped areas
- Healing Hands Foundation® helps support development projects in sourcing communities, including schools, health clinics, improved infrastructure and clean water systems.
CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Deliver the Wisdom of Nature through our unique whole-food approach to vitamins and supplements.
- Goes to great lengths to bring you Earth’s perfect ingredients for holistic health
- Intentions are always to nourish body and soul with the healing
of pure whole foods and herbs
- PROTECT cell health by boosting antioxidant production
- BALANCE healthy inflammation response to protect cells from damage
- RECOVER ATP energy to support healthy cell activity
Living with a chronic illness can be extremely difficult, which is why primary care is so necessary. Primary care providers can create personalized plans for the individual so that they know what to expect and how to handle things that arise throughout their illness.Many people attempt to manage their chronic illnesses on their own, which…
A family medicine office is a great resource to utilize when requiring comprehensive health care. Those that struggle with serious health conditions or chronic diseases can benefit from visiting a family medicine office as it allows for the most personalized care. Additionally, because the office is focused on family medicine, the staff ensures comfort, allowing…
Cholesterol can accumulate subtly, gradually blocking blood supply to your brain and heart, and that is the primary purpose of cholesterol screening. Cholesterol is a fat-like material that is required for normal body functions. Your body creates cholesterol because of its role in forming cell membranes, certain hormones and bile acids (for digesting fats). However,…
Your bones need primary care efforts to stay healthy. With aging, it is a normal phenomenon for the bones to diminish in density and become thinner. Eventually, they become more vulnerable to injuries or fractures.In this article, you will discover important primary care tips to preserve the health of your bones and prevent osteopenia (bone…
Thyroid disease usually comes in two forms. One type of thyroid disease is hypothyroidism, which happens when the thyroid produces fewer hormones than it should. Another is hyperthyroidism, the result of an overactive thyroid. Each kind of thyroid disease has its own set of symptoms.Because many of the symptoms of thyroid disease are present in…